Excel is a powerful tool that allows you to store and manipulate data with ease. One common problem that users encounter is converting dates from the dd/mm/yyyy format to the yyyy/mm/dd format. In this article, we will show you how to convert dd/mm/yyyy dates to yyyy/mm/dd format in Excel, step-by-step.
- Select the column of dates
- Under DATA, select “Text to Columns”
- Select Delimited – Next
- Untick ALL delimiters – Next
- Select column format “Date: DMY” – Finish (Note: this data format should be what the dates are currently in, not what you want them to be)
- The text will now be recognised by Excel as a date and appear as right-justified in the column
- Right-click the still highlighted column (or select it again) and open Format Cells and change date format to the style you require